Using the Event Bin
The event bin allows users to quickly make changes to multiple events, including:
- Appending text to or completely changing events' names
- Changing statuses
- Updating attached address book items
- Managing attached tags
- Updating avails settings
- Adding or updating timeline items
- Adjusting publicity information
Using the Event Bin
This article will walk you through adding events to the bin, mass-editing them, then removing them from the bin.
- Add Events to the Bin
- Edit Events in the Bin
- Remove Events from the Bin
Add Events to the Bin
From the Event Details Page
- Click Actions toward the upper-right corner of the page.
- Click Send to Bin. If you are on a grouping's details page, you will receive a drop-down with the following options:
- Grouping only: add only the grouping to the bin
- Grouping and children: add the grouping and all of its events to the bin
- Children only: add only the grouping's events to the bin
From the Event Search Page
- Hover over Calendars.
- Click Event Search.
- Perform a search for your events. (For more information, please see the event search article.)
- Click the grey bin icons on the left side of the screen to add events to the bin. Clicking the top bin, to the left of Event Name, will add all of the events to the bin.
Edit Events in the Bin
- Navigate to the event bin page by either:
- Clicking the event bin icon toward the upper-right of most pages, then clicking Go to Event Bin.
- Hovering over Calendars and clicking Event Bin.
- Select the event level and event information you would like to view from the panel on the left side of the page.
- Click the checkboxes next to the events you would like to edit. Clicking the top checkbox, to the left of When, will select all events in the bin at the selected event level.
- Click the pencil and paper icon next to the field you would like to edit.
- Make your desired changes to the event information for that field.
- Click Save.
Your change has now been made to the selected events.
Remove Events from the Bin
All Events at Once
- Click the event bin icon toward the upper-right of most pages.
- Click Clear [number] events.
Only Selected Events
- On the event bin page, select the events you would like to remove from the bin.
- Click Remove from bin.