Permanently Deleting Media Files in WordPress
- Sign in to WordPress.
- Click Media on the left side of the screen.
You can now delete files one at a time or in bulk.
Delete Files One at a Time
- Hover over the file you want to delete.
- Click Delete Permanently.
- Click OK on the confirmation dialog.
Delete Files in Bulk
- Check the boxes next to the files you want to delete.
- Select Delete Permanently from the Bulk Actions drop-down.
- Click Apply.
Warning: WordPress does not ask for confirmation when using the bulk actions. Please make sure you have only selected files that should be permanently, irrevocably deleted.