History Reporting: Cancelled and Deleted Events
You are able to create a history preset which searches for events that have been cancelled and/or deleted. This preset can be used to receive an email alert whenever an event is cancelled or deleted, or to run a report that searches within a specific date range.
In this article you will learn how to:
- Create a cancelled and deleted events history preset
- Use the preset to run a history report
- User the preset to create an alert
Creating the history preset
1. Hover over Reports and click on History.
2. Click the blue Manage link to open your history preset manager.
3. Click Add Preset in the upper right corner of the pop up.
4. Name your preset.
5. Click on the plus by Events to expand the menu and choose Events deleted.
6. To search for cancelled events:
- Check Events changed.
- Choose Specific changes.
- Check Status.
- In the Filtering box that opened when you checked Status:
- leave Any status chosen
- choose Specific status
- click the + by Event
- check Cancelled. If you venue has more than one cancelled status, be sure to choose them all.
- Click Save.
7. You have created a history preset that you can use to run history reports or create alerts. Click Close.
Running a History Report
To search for deleted and cancelled events:
1. Go to History > Reports.
2. Choose your history preset from the Preset drop down.
3. Choose your date range. You may search the last 7 days, last 30 days, or choose Specific Date Range to be able to select a specific date range using the date picker (you are limited to searching a 31-day span in each search). Once you have chosen your date range, click Search.
4. Events which were deleted within your time frame will be listed.
6. To export your search results to Excel, click the Excel icon by the Search button.
Creating an Alert
If you would like to receive an email alerting you that events have been deleted, you can create an alert. You may choose to receive the email when the event is deleted (you'll receive the alert within about 20 minutes) or a batch report daily, weekly, or monthly.
1. Hover over your name in the upper right corner of your account and click My Settings.
2. On the left side of your browser window, click Alert Settings, then click Create.
3. Name your alert, and then choose your history preset from the drop down menu.
4. Choose the email address where you would like to receive the alert. You are able to add additional email addresses to your account in your User Profile.
5. Choose how often you would like to receive the alert: Immediately (usually within 20 minutes of the event being deleted) or a digest email at a specified time. If you choose Specified time, set your start date, the time you would like to receive the alert, and your repeat interval. Click OK, then click Save.
6. Your alert has been created.