Adding Space to an Existing Event or Sub-Event
If you have already created an event and find that you need to add additional spaces to it, you are able to do so using the Spaces Used tab.
You can also add space to an existing sub-event. Be sure to follow the directions below to add the space to the main event first, then follow the same directions on the sub-event level.
1. Go to the event details page for your event.
2. Most items have the edit ("paper and pencil") icon next to them, but Where may not. If it doesn't, go to the Spaces Used tab.
Note: Your tab may be called Spaces Booked, and your tabs may be in a different order than the screenshots below.
3. Click the edit icon next to Sort By.
4. Click Add Calendar.
5. In the dialogue box:
- Leave the status as Inherit from Master Status. This ensures the status for this space will always match the status of the event.
- Choose your additional space(s).
- Adjust the time (if necessary) and click the date(s) of your event. The date and time should match the date and time of the event. See note below!
- Click Done.
6. The additional space has now been added to the event.
- If you add space to an event and the date/time do not match, the event's date and time will be updated to include it.
For example: if an event is from 7:00-10:00 PM and you add a space from 8:00 AM to 11:59 PM, the time of the event will be expanded to the latter.
- DO NOT use this feature to book multiple or recurring events. If you use the Spaces Used tab to book multiple events, your avails will not display properly and your reports will not contain accurate information.
For example: if you have games in the Arena on the 14th, 17th, and 19th, do not use the Spaces Used tab to add the Arena on those three dates to the event. Each game should be its own separate event which can then be included in a grouping. (See Moving an Event Into a Grouping and All About Groupings)
- For strategies for booking recurring events, please see this video.